I am delighted to welcome you all to the 2014 Brain Injury Association of Canada conference this year being held in Gatineau, QC. We will be starting day one with an exciting announcement about the future of your national organization.
Both the oral and poster presentations, drawn from our call for abstracts, promise to inspire you and provide you with new research and ideas. Our “Speaker Spot” a great place to meet and talk to our speakers, which include survivors who will inspire, and the top researchers of today and the future.
I hope this conference will be a memorable experience for all of you where you will be able to renew old friendships, make new connections, both learn from and teach other attendees and leave us feeling inspired, renewed and fulfilled from your experience with us.
2015 will see us hosting conferences in Halifax in April and the Toronto area in September.
Enjoy your conference experience.
Co President and Conference Chair 2014
Conference Programme: Conference Program (pdf)
- Biomarkers and treatments for mild traumatic brain injury: from bench to fieldside, Sandy R Shultz, PhD, Department of Medicine, The University of Melbourne
- Getting back to “doing” after brain injury: Therapists’ experiences of theCO-OP approach
- Angela Peddle, Looking Into Vision
- Identity Theft
- Développement et implantation d’un guide de pratique clinique pour la réadaptation des adultes ayant subi un traumatisme craniocérébral modéré ou graveau Québec et en Ontario
- Development and Implementation of a Clinical Practice Guideline for the Rehabilitation of Adults with Moderate to Severe Traumatic Brain Injury in Québec and Ontario
- National Population Health Study of Neurological Conditions: Projection of the impact of hospitalized traumatic brain injury on the Canadian economy, 2011 to 2031.
- Reaching for the Stars, Enrico Quilico, B.Ed.
- Toujours plus haut, Enrico Quilico, B.Ed.
- Gargaro trauma BIAC 2014 Sep 25
- Access to Brain Care: Navigating the Unknown, Enduring the Maze, Notes from the Frontline: Concussion Survivor Views, Jane Clark-Foster, BSc (Biochem), LLB
- The Impact of Brain Tumours, Brain Tumour Foundation of Canada, Janic_Gorayeb, Gatineau
- Ambiguous Loss, How Identify Confusion Impedes Post-Trauma Emotional Recovery, Jeffrey S. Kreutzer, PhD, ABPP, Virginia Commonwealth University Medical Center
- The Greatest Challenges Families Face and How To Overcome Them, Jeff Kreutzer, Ph.D.
Virginia Commonwealth University Medical Center
- Jennifer Kuchinka
- Introduction to Outside-of-the-Box Treatment of Concussions For Extraordinary Results, Dr. Joanny Liu, TCMD, RAc, PEng
- L’Introduction au Traitement Extraordinaire Pour des Commotions Cérébrale Pour Les Résultats Extraordinaires, Dr. Joanny Liu, TCMD, RAc, PEng
- Traumatic Brain Injury following a motor vehicle accident, Lee Tasker
- Outcomes Following Inpatient Rehabilitation Following Brain Injury: Who is Treated…and How Do They Do? Liam_Dessureault, PT, MSc
- If I only had a Brain. Madeleine Welton
- Difficultés de sommeil et fatigue suite à un traumatisme craniocérébral, Catherine Wiseman-Hakes, PhD, Marie-Christine Ouellet, PhD
- Sleep disturbances and fatigue following traumatic brain injury, Catherine Wiseman-Hakes, PhD, Marie-Christine Ouellet, PhD
- Alternative Roads to Recovery, Exploring Online Social Networks and Art Therapy
- Rétablissement alternatif, Exploration de ressources sur l’internet et thérapie d’art
- Baseline Neuropsychological Performance in High School Students, Rachel Micay, Dr. Michael Hutchison, Dr. Doug Richards and Dr. Paul Comper
- Allison’s Brain by Robert McMechan with Allison Woyiwada
- Stratégie de recherche axée sur le patient (SRAP) du Canada, Engagement des patients dans la recherche est plus qu’une obligation morale 11 e conférence annuelle de l’Association canadienne des lésés cérébraux 26 septembre 2014 Jeff Latimer, Ph.D. Directeur des initiatives stratégiques
- Canada’s Strategy for Patient-Oriented Research (SPOR), Patient Engagement in Research is More than a Moral Obligation, Jeff Latimer, PhD, Director, Strategic Initiatives Branch
- Montreal Cognitive Assessment (MoCA) as Screening tool for cognitive impairment in mTBI, Suresh_Kumar MD
- Fatigue in workers with traumatic brain injury, Researcher: Tatyana Mollayeva, MD, PhD Candidate
Research Supervisor: Prof. Angela Colantonio, Research Committee: Prof. Colin M Shapiro, Prof. David J Cassid
- Functional health and disability among community-dwelling Canadians living with traumatic brain injury and other neurological conditions, 2011-2012, Trang Nguyen, MSc
- Brain Injury and Big Data, Dr. Angela Colantonio, Vincy Chan, Dr. Shiva Amiri
- Brain-CODE OBI’s Data Integration Platform, Shiva Amiri, PhD
- Sex Differences in Profiles & Outcomes of Patients with Traumatic Brain Injury in an Inpatient Rehabilitation Sample, Dr. Angela Colantonio, Vincy Chan, Tatyana Mollayeva