Brain Injury Canada is proud to introduce an exciting new project: BRITE (BRain Injury and TEens), an online resource for youth aged 13-18 living with brain injury.
BRITE will serve as the go-to resource for teens impacted by brain injury – providing them with access to education and information that will answer their questions; provide recommendations for physical and emotional support; connect them to peers and professionals; and provide them with the tools they need to feel empowered to take their next steps, wherever they may be in their journey.
We Need Your Help
- Brain Injury impedes social cognition and a child’s ability to cope with every-day social tasks such as sharing, helping, and initiating relationships  .
- 31% of adolescents will experience physical, cognitive or emotional symptoms more than one month after injury .
- After experiencing a concussion, youth have been found to experience a greater severity of symptoms, and take longer to return to school and sport compared to younger children  .
When you support the BRITE resource fundraising campaign, you are supporting teens with brain injury who need access to resources and information. And if you donate today, you will double your impact. All donations will be matched dollar for dollar by our Honourary Patron Dr. Daniel C. Andreae to a maximum of $15,000.
Here are some examples of how your gift could build the BRITE resource.
- Your gift of $1000 will become $2,000. This donation will support the development of interactive tools to help teens understand their brain injury, provides coping tools for their mental health, and connecting to their community.
- Your gift of $500 doubles to become $1,000. This donation will provide a pre-recorded educational video webinar, led by an expert in brain injury and designed specifically for teens.
- Your gift of $250 transforms into $500. This donation will support the development of the BRITE podcast to help youth understand their brain injury, provide strategies for living with brain injury, and act as a form of peer support.
- Your gift of $100 becomes a gift of $200 and will support the development of a pre -recorded interview segment with an expert on a topic important to youth and posted on BRITE.
- Your gift of $75 doubles to become $150. This donation will cover the costs to further develop the BRITE community, providing teens with the opportunity to connect, and share tips and tools with others from the brain injury community.
- Your gift of $25 doubles to become $50 and will contribute to the cost to continually provide new resources, tools, and tips that best meet the needs of teenagers impacted by brain injury in Canada.
Any and all donation amounts are appreciated. When you make your gift, you can share an encouraging and empowering message with teenagers in the brain injury community – letting them know their future is BRITE.
Thanks to your generous donation we will be able to better support youth living with brain injury.
All donations of $100+ will receive an exclusive BRITE Supporter Badge that can be proudly displayed on your organizations website, LinkedIN profile and via social media.