The COVID-19 pandemic started in Canada in March 2020, and since then there have been many safety measures put in place to protect people as much as possible. This includes a vaccination program, which is now available across Canada.
COVID-19 vaccines are one of the best ways to protect yourself and your loved ones from the disease. Vaccines are also helping services, organizations, and businesses open up to the community, making it possible for you to access the supports you need.
Vaccines that are approved for use in Canada go through an intense screening process so that the safest, most effective vaccines are provided to Canadians. These vaccines are free, and available in every province and territory. They are provided in two doses for maximum protection.
The following articles are for you and your patients/clients.
- Talking to patients about the COVID-19 vaccine
- Frequently asked questions about COVID-19 vaccines
- How vaccines work
- The consequences of the COVID-19 disease
- How to book a COVID-19 vaccine
- Accessibility and the COVID-19 vaccines
- Update on safety measures
This content is developed in partnership with the Public Health Agency of Canada.